Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday Noon

It hit me this afternoon that I missed out TWO significant events from my previous post:
1) My stolen family car.
2) My best college buddy's 21st birthday.

About my family car, there's nothing much I can say nor do about it. The story is a typical one; like your simple, average mundane routine that was unfortunately intercepted. It happened two weeks ago, specifically on a Monday of 4th October 2010 -.-" Daddy had parked the car somewhere around Taman Tun's housing area just like every ordinary morning before walking to his office nearby for work. The day carried on as usual and it was only at night, after working hours that he discovered the car was gone. The horror. The horror. My mom and myself was left flabbergasted at home when we heard the news (although admittedly, my mom thought old age has gotten into my dad and merely assumed he had forgotten where he had parked). In Daddy's defense, he said the other car which he had initially parked behind of that morning was still there when he returned to the site at night.

Oh well. There's nothing much to mention. Really. The car just vanished and in case you're wondering, no it was not towed away or anything like that. It is simply gone. Already reported to the police and done all the necessary details of handling the matter. Still no sign of it. Sniff! :( So by chance, please let me know if you happen to spot a Nissan Serena that bears the number plate of WHX 3991 on the road. If you good Samaritans have ample time, do me a favor and check the condition of the car. In case you noticed that the car is in terrible condition, don't even bother informing the authorities about it. I hope the car is lost for good so my parents can claim full insurance *weak smile* It takes 6 months by the way. 6 MONTHS!! That's half a year :(

As such, transportation has not been easy for my dad and I. With one car left aka the Myvi I use to go to college, Daddy uses it now to go to work and has to travel back and forth to fetch me from or back to college. At times, I have to rely on college friends to fetch me or take the cab which cost me approximately RM6 due to the slowmo snail-paced traffic lights heading up to my place -.-" Therefore, my family is currently looking for a car to rent/borrow from. Preferably from close friends and such for convenience.


Anyway what was more important than my family car being stolen, was a leading conscience that spoke to me and provoked me to call up Sly's mom today. LoL. I surprise myself sometimes with the amount of courage in me at random times. I don't know why I never thought of it before but I was thinking that it would be nice if I could use Sly's car to go to college :D Sadly, nah.. Sly's mom said she has to use it. However, she does know of a friend's daughter who will be going overseas to study very soon. The daughter drives a Myvi *jumps in joy* She'll get back to me on Monday about that. She didn't promise me but it's a good start nevertheless :)

We had a good catch up on the phone :) Aunty told me their family are doing far from fine. She even mentioned that Sly's sister, Jacqueline is interested in taking up Mass Comm after her secondary school studies. I'll be more than happy to advice her on that! :D She also said she recently cleared up his room and noticed we've done many projects together, which reminds me I left a bunch of my stuff in Sly's car thinking I can collect it back from him anytime since I see him all the time. Guess not.. :'( Well Sly's mom assured me my stuff are in good hands by her. Haha. Thank you Aunty :) Aunty figured whenever she's in 1U or something, she'll let me know so she can hand my stuff over and we can catch up even more :D

Sly's birthday fell on the 17th September. I was pretty much busy on that day. Can't remember what at the moment but I didn't forget to wish him on Facebook that morning. Look at the time!! LoL  :)




Once again, happy 21st birthday! :')
You are and always will be my A-W-E-S-O-M-E college BFF! :P

Missing you,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment