Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Truth

The next two/three weeks will be HECTICALLY CRAZY for me.
I seriously do not care about the spooks of Halloween at a time like this. Not like I celebrate anyway -.-"

As of now, I'm rushing to beat the clock to finish the workload of my three subjects:
1) Public Relations: Contemporary Approaches
- Read 19 academic/scholarly journals
  (and do additional readings)
- Answer 16 questions/exercises.
- Do 7 writing practices
  (which includes an email draft, web site text, feature article, media release, speech to respective  stakeholders)
- Write a 3000-word essay of a communication campaign and tactics
- Study for final exam
[All due 15th November, which IS the day of my final exam]

2) Communication Research
- Write a 2000-word essay/report of a research evaluation
- Study for final exam
[Due 8th November, which IS the day of my final exam]

3) Global Media Industries
- Write a minimum of 2500-word critical essay
   [Due this coming Thursday, 4th November]
- Study for final exam [On 18th November]

My main concern now is for PR. I guess I slacked too much and taken lightly of this subject at the start of the semester. As such, my workload eventually piled up @_@ Nevertheless, I have learned from my mistakes. I mean, OF COURSE I've learnt! To be honest, my little heart is screaming omgosh I don't know how I'm going to complete so much in so little time! Let me just warn you that reading one journal article is like studying every word of The News Straits Times on political issues (or it could be worse!!!).

One thing is for sure, I will not give in to the devil. I simply refuse to crash and burn. Never. The one spirit that has kept me going on as always, is the gift of the Holy Spirit to persevere. The thought of giving up is absolutely ridiculous to me despite the look and shape of my situation now. THIS is what my heart recognizes as the strength of God working in me.

A simple prayer I say:
God, I know time is not on my side but You are. Let me be a living proof of Your strength and let the depth of my biblical faith be tested. Examine my heart O Lord. Amen.

With that being said, I shall continue to finish my work now.
Please keep me in prayer k!
I'll be back. You'll see :)

p/s
Oh when I'm done with all of this, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO geared up to take back my Stage Manager role again for
There's a show to run for Him! Speaking of this, I am reminded that there is another time bomb to defuse and I cannot ask for a better team to back me up as I place my priority as a student than the mad production people;
Chloe
- You're probably tired of hearing this but I'm still going to say it out loud. You are GODSENT!! Thank you for being an exact duplicate clone of me for this production. Meticulous! I like :D
Cheryl
- Cherry pie.. what more can I say about you? You keep me sane in the midst of all craziness that happens behind the scenes :)
Eugene
- Nooobbbbb!!!! :P The amount of commitment in you for the production is truly amazing to me. And.. I sometimes wish I have a slice of your genius brain :)
Stephanie
- You never fail to amuse me with your character. Haha! I am truly amazed by your dedication for this production :)
Ronny
- I'll always keep in mind that it's not being stressed but stretched. Stretched to accomodate a bigger and better capacity ;)


Tick tock tick tock.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment