Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chop chop!

In office now =P It's lunch time.
So.. technically, I'm not breaching any rules here XD

Currently, I'm at the edge of chewing off all my finger nails (including my toe nails soon) waiting for our prospective client to revert back to us on a project I'm working on. It's almost a week now if I'm not mistaken waiting for their reply. Aih. Wonder what is taking them so long. They mainly just have to give us either a green or red light on the project. Is it so hard to pick between two colours? I mean if you like it, pick green and vice versa, red. It.is.so.simple! Isn't it?

Nah.. kidding =P I'm sure a whole lot goes behind the scenes. Anyway, I've been occupying myself in the midst of this waiting period by making marathon calls and doing sleepy researches to prepare for the execution of this project. Come to think of it, my job is ONLY going to be useful if we actually get the approval >.< If we don't get the project, I might want to leave the company.. because I'm only hired for this project alone. Whatever happens, I put my trust in Him.

No updates from the client can only mean one thing- no last minute/late night meetings! =D As such, I was able to leave office at about 7.30pm (official time work ends) to make it for the year-end production meeting at church last night. During my internship and the heavy workload given, 7.30pm was an impossible time to go home. I used to leave office way past 10pm+. I've even overnight in office twice during the weekend before for a sales leaftet! =(

On the year-end production meeting, I'm proud to say we walked out of the room with our heads held high knowing that WE FINALLY HAVE A CONCEPT! Praise God!! =D Ps Lee Choo was funny and cute as usual during the meeting. Love her as always. Her opinions are constantly something to look out for or think about deeply. Ronny and Kenny picked songs that were spot on! You brothers are awesome!! Seriously ;) Cheryl and Eugene poured in their brilliant thoughts and ideas. As for me, haha honestly I was the most quiet one of all. I wrote pages of notes and listened attentively as the 6 of us sat around two semi-circle tables that Eugene had put together. I still have a lot to learn =)

After the meeting, Ronny and Kenny went home to play their oh-so-addictive boardgames while Cheryl, Eugene and I went to a mamak nearby for supper. Then.. an epic moment happened! We were comfortably seated at a table by the roadside when out of no where, these MPPJ people came busting in to raid the place. They confiscated whatever they could get their hands on that were unoccupied/available on the road because by law, you need a license to conduct your business on the road. Thankfully, what these MPPJ-ians don't do is grab the chair you're sitting on or the table you're eating at.

Out of this mini chaos, we happened to catch a prominent sight where this officer was dragging the gas tank away that he confiscated and the owner of the mamak was holding on to it saying softly "Jangan." Sighhh =( After taking whatever they could, the MPPJ stayed for a while to snap pics (I'm quite certain they snapped a pic of us trio! which felt somewhat like a very unprofessional mug shot being taken). It dawned on me as I was finishing up my roti telur about how long these guys in uniforms will be done?! Assuming they will be taking forever to raid the place, what can we do? By the way, the mamak boys told us all to sit still and not leave our seats. LoL and I had the craziest idea to stand up and carry our chairs and table together and bring it into the mamak restaurant =D That way, we not only help save a very worn out plastic table and 3 plastic chairs, we also can go home in peace ^.^

Thanks Eugene for paying the bill! =)


Warmest regards from S'factory,
Melissa


p.s. Spread the word to be a dim sum today!

No comments:

Post a Comment