Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Seventh Heaven

It's the 7th post! :D

*throws confetti everywhere*

I shall make this a very special post by sharing with you something I've written a few years back when I was studying in Form 5 :) 

Now this is going to sound geeky weird but one of the few things I treasure a lot from my high school days is my English Composition book (and also, my BM Karangan book). I've always looked forward to writing essays. I don't know why but I just do :)

I suddenly thought about my Composition book the other day and decided to look for it on my book shelf. What I found was beyond an ordinary book. As I flipped through the pages, I realize there was something else more to it. Something meaningful that was almost forgotten.

Two weeks before Valentine's Day, Ms Yeow, our English teacher asked us to write a poem about love as part of our homework. Poem writing is not exactly my specialty in the department I adore but I managed to come up with something in the end that Ms Yeow thought was beautiful. Yay! :D I've even taken the liberty of scanning in my homework just so you can see it for yourself. Teehee XD


By the way, in case you're thinking this poem is about me being personal and all, you're dead wrong. I would never hand up part of my love life as my homework. That is just down right awkward and crazy in my opinion. I wrote this poem in a perspective of a typical young school girl that yearns to be notice and love by her crush. In a way, I guess you can say I wished I could be that girl. Haha. Well, enjoy! :)

Be My Valentine
She passed him by the lockers, 
Caught a glimpse of his shirt in the canteen,
Sat right next to him in history class,
Felt his hand by accident while handling the notes,
And yet, she secretly hope.

Hope that in some way,
He'll feel the same as her.

Oh how her heart leaped in joy,
Did a great somersault,
When she found a note from him.

Hidden between pages of facts,
There it was.

A pink paper in a pink envelope,
On it, it told her,
Handwritten:
14th February 2007
Be mine.
Be my valentine.

Both their names aligned,
You could tell, she was lost in cloud number nine.

Written by,
Melissa Teh
31st January 2007
♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment