Anyway! Last week for me was filled with all sorts of agenda. Some were planned and some were not. Actually, most of them were quite spontaneous like a typical Malaysian's timing. Oh and in case you're wondering, I haven't got bored of blogging yet. In fact, I don't think I'll ever be because I just don't get tired of writing. I'm just slightly ill at the moment- My throat hurts and my body is weak. I'm not exactly sure how I've gotten sick but I can tell you what I've done for the past last week. Allow me to open up the pages of my diary XD
18th June 2010, Friday
Went to Ps Lindy's place for cell [A cell is basically a weekly reunion among fellow Christians friends. There's a more in depth meaning and purpose to it in terms of Christianity but it's not necessary held for Christians only. Everyone and anyone is invited to join for cell gatherings. So do let me know if you want to come for one! I'll be more than happy to bring you =D].
Invited David Sia to come along since he was free. We bought Tammy's birthday cake at Secret Recipe before heading there (Tammy officially turned 18 on the day before). At first, I was contemplating to buy between the Chocolate Cheesecake and Oreo Cheesecake. After finally deciding on the Chocolate Cheesecake (Can you hear David's sigh of relief?), I was about to place my order over the counter when suddenly I spotted love at first sight called Strawberry Marshmallow Cake. Ooh marshmallows!!! My eyes were sparkling in delight and the guy said it was their new flavour :D Without hesitating, I decided to buy that instead and David went to smack his head somewhere. He saw the cake as a sign of diabetes. LoL.At Ps Lindy's condo, we ate dinner and played Taboo against the guys. The punishment for the losing team was to pull three strands of hair from the girls or to pull three strands of leg hair from the guys. Ouchie. Well what do you know? We girls lost by one point!! Boohoohoo. As a result, my head now has room for three more root hairs to grow on. Nevertheless, we had tons of laughter playing that game. Weng Hong was exceptionally hilarious! Popcorn :P
After that, we discussed on Couz Nite for this coming Friday (In SIBKL church, Couz stands for College United Zone. Couz Nite is when all the cells gather for one night on every last Friday of the month). This week, Glow United (Ps Lindy's cell) and One United are responsible for Couz Nite. Check out the awesome possum poster created for Couz Nite on the left! :) Passion without action is mere emotion. Excellent copywriting if I must say so myself!
Seeing it's the World Cup season, the theme for this month's Couz Nite was football so we all had to come in jerseys. Wen-ly suggested to head down to Petaling Street to buy the jerseys and everyone started to place their orders. LoL. Unlike the others who wanted to wear famous teams like Brazil or Spain, I was planning to wear Netherlands. Bright orange XD XD XD!!
There were two divisions we could help out for Couz Nite: Food or Decorations. When Ps Lindy asked who wanted to do Food, Wen-ly immediately shouted my name to be in-charge of Food and said it OUT LOUD that I'm very free as she knows I'm not working anymore D= Not that I don't want to volunteer. At that point of time, I was thinking if I was able to attend that night. Oh well too late. Thanks and no thanks to my dear friend. I later decided to take on Decorations as I felt it's more of what I can contribute more and Melissa Tee took over my place for Food.
Upon settling the tasks to be done for Couz Nite, Ps Lindy then made us watch this chick flick movie called Postgrad where Alexis Bledel was seriously the gorgeous! Her blue eyes are just so prettyyyyy :D
19th June 2010, Saturday
Two events to attend today- Cell Harvest and Kenny's 21st surprise birthday. Went to Cell Harvest at Cissie's place [Now Cell Harvest is another term to explain. It's like Farmville in reality but you do it at home XD NOT. You see, Sheep United cell had too many people so they multiplied and formed new cells with funny creative names like Championsheep, Holy Sheep! and Full of Sheep. HAHAHA!!! Thus, Cell Harvest is a gathering for fellow Sheeps!].
As I'm still in the midst of deciding which cell to attend, I currently alternate back and forth between Glow United and Sheep United. For Cell Harvest that night, I brought the potato salad that I've asked Mommy to make for the pot luck. Teehee. Plus, Cell Harvest coincidentally had the same theme as Couz Nite (or vice versa) which was football too and the same dresscode. I didn't have any jersey at that time so I had to borrow Cissie's husband's jersey which was super crazy HUGE and as good as a nightgown for me. It was really breezy wearing James's jersey. It almost felt as though I've put on an air conditioner instead of an attire. LoL. We played games and listened to testimonials as well as made new friends that night :)
I was praying really hard that Cell Harvest would end by 10pm+ so that I can head home fast because Cheryl, May Gan and Wesley were waiting for me at Old Town to go over to Kenny's. We wanted to surprise Kenny sharp at midnight. It turned out, Cell Harvest ended at about 11.30pm. I felt sorry that I have to make Randy fetch me home quickly along with the other guys that were carpooling like Chris, Bernard and Randy's friend (whose name I have forgotten. I'm so terribly sorry for that) leave early. Went home, slipped out of James's jersey and put on another shirt. Admittedly, I left James's jersey on the floor of my room because the clock was ticking away. LoL.
After all that adrenaline rush, we finally clocked in at 5 minutes past midnight and met up with the rest who were waiting outside of Kenny's house. We sneaked quietly into the house with a cake after our partner in crime, Ronny (Kenny's elder brother) opened the gates for us. Our first move was to make a quick pit stop at the kitchen to light up the candles on the cake (Cheryl and Jade decided to buy a strawberry cake. LoL but it wasn't the same one I bought for Tammy. Their cake was from Cake Sense). After that, we tip toed up to the highest floor to Ronny's room (Kenny was in there at that time) and burst open the door with a surprise!!! :D
The expression painted on his face was absolutely priceless.
We later settled down on the dining table to have a slice of the cake. While having a bite out of the birthday cake, Cheryl suggested that we each pick a song that we think represents Kenny. May Gan went first and said the first song that came into her mind was Justin Bieber's Baby =O!! She said she don't know why but she can remember very well a part of the song that went "When I was 13, I had my first love." I don't know WHAT she was trying to prove that relates to Kenny but I blanked out the minute she mentioned that song =P Cheryl picked Yellow by Coldplay because to her, Kenny is like a bright shining star that will make his name big one day. I second that ;) When my turn came, I decided on the soundtrack of Friends simply because I know for a fact that Kenny is a great friend to have :)
Ronny on the other hand, played Hakuna Matata, the soundtrack of Timon&Pumbaa from his Ipod when it was his turn. We were all curious at first and then he explained that the song means there are no worries. He picked that song because he believes Kenny shouldn't worry at all what is ahead of him as God will take care of his future and be by his side at all times. This is with regards to Kenny turning down his dream to study dance and an opportunity of 70% scholarship at La Salle school in Singapore. Kenny is currently working full time at church. He turned the offer down in order to fulfill his personal commitment to God. That is, to serve Him for a year in church.
If you're reading this Kenny, I'm so proud to have you as my friend!! Being such a faithful disciple that you are, don't you worry a thing for God will bless you abundantly. Once again, Happy 21st Birthday Kenny! :)
20th June 2010, Sunday
Kenny is officially 21 today! and Happy Father's Day to all Daddys out there! :D
Was dead sleepy that I couldn't wake up in time for service. I've also forgotten my parents have taken the car up to Genting (Not that I can drive anyway. LoL but I might try XD). Eugene was already at church so I had totally no means of transportation to get to church (and taking a cab is not an option). Instead, I did a devotion and went back to sleep on me nice comfy bed :D Woke up a few hours later and got ready to watch Toy Story 3 with church friends at 1U.
Cheryl was picking me up and was already nearby my place. Before I left my room, I turned back to make sure I've switched off the fan and lights as usual. Then I realize James's jersey was still lying on the floor. LoL. I was rushing so... I left it the way it was- On the floor.
The second I opened the door, two cars were pulling up to my front porch. My parents in one car and Cheryl in the other. It hit me then Oh O.. My parents are back home. What will they think when they see a huge size guy jersey lying on the floor in my room??! Whoops. I didn't think much as we were running late for the movie. Hopped into Cheryl's vehicle and waved bye to my parents XD
The car park was so packed when we reached so Cheryl dropped me off first to take our tickets instead of keeping the rest in the waiting while she looks for a parking spot. Kenny stayed with me while the rest went in the cinema first. I was pretty sure we were going to be late because we were already 15 minutes + past the commercials but Kenny assured me that we're not late. We're on time (He always says that when we're almost late for lectures. LoL). With the grace and mercy of God, he was RIGHT! :D We were really on time! Haha! The minute we sat down in our seats, the movie started. I think before that the screen was showing some short clips by Pixar. Praise God because Toy Story 3 was so touching!!! I didn't cry though but I was at the verge of tears. Kudos to the director! The movie was brilliantly creative! Well done! I ♥ Andy :)
After the movie, we each went off to our separate ways. It was Father's Day so everyone had dinner that night. I went home and came back to 1U later with my family. We had our Father's Day dinner at TGIF. Dinner was all right :)
♥♥♥ Happy Father's Day Daddy! I love you very much more than words can say and I've always admired the strong and patient person that you are. I'm truly blessed to have someone so great like you to be my father. I pray and hope that someday and in someway God will touch your heart! Amen! :)
21st June 2010, Monday
Uhh I can't remember much what I've done on this day. I must've slept and slacked at home the whole day. Oh wait! I think I was reading finish the
Taken from
Not to forget, Greg's comic called Creighton the Cretin! It's really stupid. Haha!
Taken from Diary of a Wimply Kid, Page172
I couldn't sleep that night so I stayed up the whole night thinking up of ways to decorate for Couz Nite. I really really really didn't see what the next day has installed for me.
22nd June 2010, Tuesday
May Gan's call woke me up early in the morning today. She said she was on leave today so she was thinking maybe we could hang out in 1U. I was fine with going out despite the grogginess of a morning wake up call. Furthermore, I figured it was good chance for us to catch up on all our girly talks :D I somehow managed to drag myself out of bed and got ready. We went shopping and ended up watching I have to admit that I'm very much like Carrie when it comes to blogging and I can be as paranoid as Charlotte or take the lead like Miranda but I doubt I'll ever be as brave and outspoken like Samantha Jones. LoL LoL. I like her character the best though! Haha :D
Later that night, I went to church for our year end production meeting. More and more ideas keep pouring in. It's good to see that we're moving forward every meeting. Amen! :)
After the meeting, I don't know how but I ended up talking to Han Sean, one of Maverick's friends on msn. He was telling me how their group of friends are planning to surprise Maverick on his birthday tomorrow at MCD and asked if I was free to join in the celebration. I had plans to meet Ps Lindy the next day to discuss about the decoration so I told him I might not be free and asked them to go ahead without me. Afterall, it's not my birthday. LoL.
23rd June 2010, Wednesday
Went out with Kenny for lunch nearby college. Then we went to church where Kenny had to go back to work and I met up with Ps Lindy to check on the stuff we could use for deco. I was busy picking out the different colours of cloths available when out of a sudden, I got a phone call from Han Sean saying they would like to have the surprise party at my house instead =O He said Maverick somehow knew they were going to celebrate at MCD and I kept on insisting that I didn't say a thing to my brother so I really don't have a clue how he found out. In the end for the sake of my dear brother, I decided to drop what I was doing and head home to prepare for the birthday surprise.
Fortunately, Daddy was nearby. He was at my college to collect my offer letter on my behalf so he picked me up from church. I told Daddy about the super duper last minute birthday plan and asked him to stop by Centrepoint first so I could buy the birthday cake. I went in Secret Recipe to buy Chocolate Indulgence (Omg. Third cake for the week) where Kak Ni instantly recognized me. LoL. We used to help one another when I working in Baskin Robbins. For example, I would run into Secret Recipe just to ask her to write the icing on the BR cake for me because I can't do that for nuts. She on the other hand would take BR's bananas to do some banana milkshake or something when Centrepoint's Greenway is closed and the only bananas left are the ones hanging in BR. LOL. The good old times XD
Anyway, back to this. I went home and cleaned the house up as much as I could. The plan was to bring in Maverick friends first as Maverick will be home late due to some scouts stuff. I didn't have time to cook any food when his friends arrive. So I asked one of them to do the cooking instead while waiting for Maverick to come home :D That way, I can have total control over the house which was filled with hooligans XD Maverick finally reached home and we surprise him alright!! The group of friends had a good chat and some laughters. I'm glad that everything went well in the end :)
Maverick, if you're reading this, I just want to wish you Happy 17th Birthday once again. I'm extremely grateful to have you as my brother and I'm just so proud to be your sister. Keep impressing me and the world with your hidden talents and skills! ;)
24th June 2010, Thursday
My cousin, Wan Shen came over my house to pass me some stuff of Mommy's. We had a nice chat while she was over. I was telling her about the uncertainties I was facing about my future because I really didn't know what I should work as. She then invited me to attend her company's talk on Saturday so that I can broaden up my options and learn more in her line of work. I was hesitating at first because I was pretty sure I do not want to become an insurance agent but then, she told me she was the emcee for the talk and I immediately said I'll attend it to support her :D I'm such a sucker when it comes to things like this. LoL. Thinking back, I should've brought those cheerleader pom pom and embarrassed her in front of her colleagues. It would be funny. Hahaha :D
Ok the stress and panic is pouring in. I was quite nervous about Couz Nite. David was in BU so we met up at MCD and I discussed the deco ideas with him. Sigh. When I came home, I stayed up all night thinking of all the preparations that needed to be done. I guess I'm just the type of person that can't sleep when things are not at place =/
25th June 2010, Friday
Woke up past the time I've set for myself. I went to church with David and got the stuff from Ps Lindy. Although most of what I've planned didn't happened because we were so lack of workforce, I think I can safely say what was done was really all that needs to be done. I owe David a big thank you for helping me out. His strength and effort was the reason Couz Nite was so colourful. Thank you Dav! :) Oh and so sorry about your RM16 parking ticket!!! I'll treat you to lunch some time soon k? Much much apologies!
26th June 2010, Saturday
Forced myself to wake up for Wan Shen's company talk today. Went for lunch with her bosses and colleagues before that. Really nice people :) The talk lasted for 3 hours but somehow the talk didn't seem that long. The secret to it was that the speakers were really good ;)
I didn't see this coming but I ended up signing up for an exam to get an insurance agent license. Wan Shen can be such an aggresive pushover. LoL. Nah not really. I figured since I'm free, I might as well do something useful like learning about insurance and stuff. It's something I'll have to know eventually when I start working. So yes, I'm going to take my exam on the 5th of July. Wish me luck! LoL.
27th June 2010, Sunday
I mustered up the courage to drive to church today. Daddy by my side of course. I THINK I'm getting the hang of driving. Went for 2nd service so I could manage the audition booth after service ended. Daddy let me drove home after that and I managed to reverse park the car into the house after being out of practice for so long. I know, I should give myself a big pat on the back. Haha :D
28th June 2010, Monday
I'm not feeling too well today. Don't know why =( Didn't do much and rested at home for the day.
29th June 2010. Tuesday
I'm feeling worse but I had the spirit to blog. LoL. So I did alot of writing today as you can see from the above. Apart from that, I went to church for our weekly production meeting. The scenes are slowly coming together in one piece. Can't wait to see our progression next week! ;)
You know I never thought I would say this but I'm literally tired of being free.
*drops back on a sofa*
Buhbyes! :)
Melissa







No comments:
Post a Comment